With a population of almost 1.5 billion and 80% of all citizens gambling at least once every year, India definitely has a blooming gambling market. However, as of right now, there are no regulations that make India online gambling legal or prohibit Indians from playing in online casinos.
There are currently two federal regulations regarding gambling in India: the Public Gambling Act 1867 and the Information Technology Act 2000. However, none address online gambling, meaning Indians are free to play on most offshore providers as long as they support the Indian Rupee.
Indian players love many different forms of gambling, including lottery games, online betting on sports like cricket and football, as well as casino games like slots, blackjack, and roulette. Some of India’s most popular land-based casinos include the Casino Deltin Royale in the state of Goa and the Casino Sikkim in the state of Sikkim.
Is Online Gambling Legal in India?
Gambling in India follows different laws and regulations depending on your state. The only federal law regarding gambling is the Public Gambling Act 1867, established over 150 years ago and prevents you from opening a public gambling house.
However, all current regulations are for land-based gambling activities, and no federal laws mention whether online gambling is legal in India. Even the Information Technology Act 2000, which handles all Indian cyber activities, doesn’t control online gambling.
Therefore, Indians are free to play on offshore online gambling websites as long as these platforms support the Indian Rupee currency, according to the 1999 Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA).
The Indian government plans to reform existing laws and regulations to include the online gambling market. But, as of now, Indians can place online bets and participate in online casino games through gray-market websites, including popular operators like Betway and Unibet.
IN Online Casinos
When it comes to online casinos, there are currently more than 400 platforms that accept Indian players, with some even featuring customer support in Hindi. Some of the top Indian online casino providers include:
- Casilando Casino
- Unibet Casino
- Lucky Nugget Casino
- Betway Casino
- Malina Casino
- PlayGrand Casino
- Light Casino
- Casino Days
Just like any other offshore online casino, these platforms offer tons of casino games, including popular slots from top software providers, such as NetEnt, Pragmatic Play, and Play’n GO. You’ll also find plenty of table games, including roulette, blackjack, baccarat, and poker.
IN Sports Betting
Sports betting is a big part of Indian gambling culture, particularly when it comes to some popular sports like cricket. You can find plenty of sportsbooks that accept Indian players, including brands like:
- Casumo Sports
These offshore sportsbooks offer a tremendous selection of sports, such as badminton, field hockey, football, and cricket. You’ll also find great coverage of all the top leagues and competitions, so you won’t miss any important events. Finally, you can expect some lucrative bonuses, including free bets, boosted odds, and large deposit bonuses.
India Online Gambling At A Glance
As of right now, there are no federal regulations regarding any form of legal online gambling in India, with different states imposing their own laws and restrictions. Therefore, the majority of
Indian gamblers look to offshore brands for their online sports betting and online casino needs.
Safety should be your top priority when playing on offshore providers, so look for platforms with official licensing from reputable gambling commissions, including the MGA and UKGC. Each platform has its own set of rules about who can sign up, but the general consensus is you need to be over 18 to be eligible to play.
Once online gambling becomes fully legal in India, online sportsbooks and casinos will need to obtain an official license from the gambling commission that will be created. It remains to be seen whether the market will only open for local brands initially or if it will accept international providers as well.
|🎰India Online Gambling
|MGA, UKGC, Curacao
|📖Number of Online Sportsbooks
|400+ offshore sportsbooks
|🎰Number of Online Casinos
|400+ offshore casinos
Lucky Nugget Casino
|VISA, MasterCard, UPI, Crypto, Skrill, Neteller, PayTM, RuPay, PhonePe
|Most operators offer responsive online websites and mobile apps
|🎁Bonuses You Can Expect
|No deposit bonus, deposit match, free bets, boosted odds, free spins, VIP program
Despite the lack of legal online gambling platforms, there are a few specific regulations regarding brick-and-mortar gambling locations. Specifically, organized betting is mostly prohibited, except for horse racing and lottery bets. Also, the Public Gambling Act of 1867 prevents Indians from owning a public gambling house or participating in public gambling.
Each Indian state has its own gambling regulations, with three states allowing Indians to play in land-based or floating casinos. Some of the most popular Indian casinos include Casino Sikkim and Casino Mahjong in Sikkim, the floating Casino Deltin Royale and Casino Pride in Goa, and the Deltin Daman Casino in Daman. To play in land-based casinos in India, you need to be 21 or older.
Bonuses & Promotions For Online Gambling in India
Online gambling promo codes are essential for all players, as they give you tons of additional funds to place more bets or play more casino games. Offshore sportsbooks and casinos that accept Indian players often have various promotions to attract new players and satisfy their current customers.
At Gambling Promo Codes, we’ve partnered with some of the best online sportsbooks and casinos for Indians to provide you with the best deals possible. By using our links and promo codes, you can be sure you’ll receive the maximum bonus amount possible and even unlock some exclusive deals.
Online Sportsbook Bonuses & Promos
While there are only a few dedicated sports betting bonuses and promotions, they can be very helpful in your bankroll management. Some of the best sportsbook promos you can find on most IN bookmakers include:
- Free Bets – The quintessential sportsbook promo, where the platform basically gives a free coupon to use on one or multiple bets. Free bets are usually a large part of a sportsbook’s welcome package for new players, but you can also earn them through ongoing promos.
- Enhanced Odds – Boosted odds are great for giving players an edge in their sports bets, as they allow you to place better value bets. Most online sportsbooks will offer enhanced odds on select matches every day or when there’s a big sports event, such as the IPL. Just remember that these picks often come with small maximum bet amounts.
- Parlay Boost – Since parlays are very popular, some sportsbooks will frequently offer parlay boosts that give you even better odds on your parlay bet. However, they usually come with restrictions on how many legs you can include, as well as the minimum odds for the whole parlay.
Online Casino Bonuses & Promos
Online casinos usually give out better bonuses than their sportsbook counterparts both in terms of variety and value. The most common casino bonuses in India you can find on most platforms are:
- Deposit Match Bonus – A deposit bonus gives you an additional percentage of your deposit amount as bonus credits to play your favorite casino games. There are different types of deposit bonuses, including the first deposit bonus for new players or the reload bonus, a frequent casino promo for existing customers.
- Free Spins – Free spins are a great way to try out new online slots that come out, as well as enjoy some rounds for free without risking your own money. You’ll usually receive a large sum of free spins in your welcome package, but you’ll also earn them through regular promos and the casino’s loyalty rewards system.
- VIP Program – An online casino VIP program works as an incentive for players to wager more money, as they can earn rewards, such as higher deposit bonus percentages, free spins, and premium customer support. VIP programs usually work through a leveling system, where you gain experience points the more you play casino games.
How Online Gambling in India Works
No matter which sports betting or casino platform you choose, you’ll find the same or a similar process for signing up, topping up your balance, and withdrawing funds. Here’s everything you need to know about how online gambling in India works:
Let’s start with the first step, which is registering for a free account. The entire process is straightforward: head to your favorite online gambling platform and find the “Register” or “Sign Up” button. You’ll also need to provide some essential information about you, such as your email address, date of birth, and full name.
Desktop & Mobile Play
Online gambling is available to Indians both through desktop and mobile. All sportsbooks and online casinos come with sleek and modern websites that you can easily access via your computer or phone.
Some even feature dedicated mobile apps, which you can find on the App Store or Google Play Store. Regardless of which platform you choose, you’ll still gain access to all features, games, and bonuses the operator offers.
Even though the most popular payment method in online casinos is a credit or debit card, some Indians may struggle to complete transactions with VISA or MasterCard cards. Instead, some of the most common banking options for Indians in online gambling platforms include:
Types of Betting Options
Indians who play in online casino platforms will have access to a huge catalog of games to choose from.
You can usually find tons of popular slot games from some of the best software providers in the world, as well as plenty of jackpot games and table games like roulette, baccarat, and blackjack. Some providers even offer live casino games with real Indian dealers to emulate the casino feeling even better.
When it comes to sports betting, your options are limitless, with most sportsbooks in India offering full coverage of all major sports and leagues. No matter if you’re a fan of cricket, football, hockey, or even any American sports, you’ll definitely find tons of betting options.
Verification & Withdrawals
If you manage to score a huge win, you’ll probably need to withdraw your winnings. Before you do so, you’ll likely need to go through some sort of verification process, although it’s not as strict when it comes to offshore platforms. When you’re ready to withdraw, just head to the cashier, choose your preferred method, and you’ll receive your money within a few business days.
If anything goes wrong with your account, you can just contact customer support to solve any issue. You can usually find a small headset icon on the bottom of the casino or sportsbook home page, which will open the live chat, and an agent will help you with any problems or answer any of your questions.
Tips To Find Legit Online Gambling Sites in India
With so many online gambling platforms in India, our team goes through them and chooses only the best ones based on the following criteria:
- License: Since you won’t really find any legal India online gambling platforms, it’s important to choose licensed sportsbooks and casinos from renowned gambling jurisdictions, such as Malta (MGA) or the UK (UKGC).
- User Experience: The best online gambling sites will come with sleek designs, an intuitive user interface, and offer a smooth browsing experience. Everything should be laid out in a simple and effective manner to allow you to find anything you want quickly.
- Bonuses & Promotions: Bonuses and promotions are essential to any online gambling platform, so we only choose sites with the best promos for new and existing players. Our team strives to provide the best exclusive deals for all players in India.
- Terms & Conditions: We always thoroughly check the terms and conditions for every online gambling site to ensure there are no weird clauses. We also make sure all bonuses and promos come with fair terms and wagering requirements for players.
- Extra Features: Having a few extra features is always a plus for online gambling sites in India. Things like dedicated mobile apps and 24/7 live chat are nice quality-of-life features. Also, sports bettors will appreciate features like live streaming and early cash-out, while casino players usually enjoy a large selection of live dealer games.
Why Gambling Promo Codes?
Navigating the sea of online gambling sites available to Indians can feel intimidating. That’s why you can trust Gambling Promo Codes to provide you with a list of the best operators for all Indian players.
Our team ensures all the online gambling sites we recommend are fully licensed and legitimate and come with great bonuses and promotions. Plus, using our promo codes and links will guarantee you the best deals and exclusive promos you won’t find anywhere else.
Finally, if you want to learn more about online gaming, we have plenty of guides and resources on all aspects of sports betting and online casinos in India.
Is gambling legal in India?
Gambling is legal in just a few states in India, namely Goa, Sikkim, and Daman. However, you can only play at brick-and-mortar locations, as there’s no law for legal online gambling in India.
What is the minimum gambling age in India?
To play in Indian casinos, you need to be over the minimum gambling age of 21. However, some offshore platforms even allow users over the age of 18 to sign up and participate in online gambling.
What casino games can I play in India?
Both land-based casinos in India and offshore online casinos offer several casino games to choose from, including online slots, table games like blackjack, baccarat, and roulette, as well as card games like poker.
Are there legal betting sites in India?
As of right now, there are no legal online sportsbooks in India, but you can play on one of several gray market sports betting platforms that accept Indian players.
How can I find a good online gambling site in India?
Since there are no India online gambling legal operators, your best bet is to look at international sportsbooks and casinos. Make sure to pick a platform officially licensed by MGA or UKGC that features all the games you want and supports plenty of payment methods.
Which are the best Indian gambling sites for casino and betting?
There are plenty of great international online gambling sites for sports betting and casino games in India, including renowned providers like Betway, Unibet, and Casumo.
Are there bonuses for gambling online in India?
Indian players have access to all kinds of bonuses for both sports betting and casino. You can enjoy large welcome packages with generous deposit matches, free bets, free spins, and lucrative VIP rewards programs.
Is IN online gambling safe?
Online gambling is as safe and secure as the platform you’re playing on. If you only use reputable casinos and sportsbooks and avoid dodgy websites with no license, you shouldn’t run into any trouble.
Can I win real money gambling online in India?
Yes, you can win real money through online gambling in India, but since online gambling isn’t yet legal in the country, withdrawing and receiving your money may take slightly longer.