The Philippines is a rapidly developing country, and thanks to their 100 million strong population, the Filipino online gambling market is booming! Experts predict that the Filipino iGaming market will be worth $800 million + by 2027 and will grow at 8.3% over the next few years.
Online gambling is legal in the Philippines, but the government has taken an unorthodox approach to legalization. Sportsbooks can apply for a local license and offer their services to Filipino players, but locally licensed online casinos can’t. But at the same time, the Filipino government is fine with players signing up to offshore sportsbooks and online casinos.
It is not surprising that the Philippines’ online gambling market is undergoing such dramatic growth because Filipinos have a long history of betting. Filipinos have been betting on cockfighting for hundreds of years, and local sportsbooks thrive in villages. At the same time, Filipinos are massive slot players and, like Chinese online gamblers, also enjoy pai gow and baccarat.
Is Online Gambling Legal in the Philippines?
The state of online gambling in the Philippines is a little confusing, but it is considered legal. Online casinos and sports betting sites are licensed and regulated by two separate bodies, the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) and the Cagayan Economic Zone Authority (CEZA).
Locally licensed online casinos cannot offer their services to Filipino players, but sports betting sites can. Additionally, Filipino players are legally able to sign up for offshore sportsbooks and online casinos.
However, major offshore online casinos geo-block Filipino players due to the government’s stance on offshore online casinos not being crystal clear. This has resulted in the market being dominated by Curacao-licensed online casinos, who are willing to push the regulatory boundaries.
Philippines Online Casinos
While locally licensed Philippines casinos can’t accept local players, offshore casinos can. Virtually all of the online casinos that accept Filipino players hold a Curacao license which is better than nothing but can’t compare with a UKGC or even MGA license. As the Filipino government provides more regulatory oversight for international operators and the economy continues to grow, expect big-name online casinos to enter the market.
Currently, the top online casinos in the Philippines include 20Bet, 1xBet, Mega Pari, GG.Bet and Ice Casino. These sites have 1,000 + titles, including the latest online slot games and generous welcome bonuses. Online slots are by far the most popular casino game amongst Filipino players, but they also have a soft spot for pai gow and baccarat.
Philippines Sports Betting
Sports betting is extremely popular in the Philippines, particularly horse racing, cock fighting, boxing, basketball, and football. There are some online, locally licensed sports betting sites like MegaSportsWorld (MSW) and Oppa 888.
Most serious Filipinos prefer to gamble online with offshore bookies like Betway, 888, 20Bet, 1xBet, and 22Bet due to the better range of betting options and superior bonuses. It is completely legal for Filipino players to bet with offshore sportsbooks. The most popular Philippines-based sports betting site is Dafabet, but it acts more like an offshore sportsbook because it is not licensed under PAGCOR and instead holds a CEZA license.
Philippines Online Gambling At A Glance
Online gambling in the Philippines is quite unique. There are both legal and licensed domestic online casinos and sports betting sites regulated by PAGCOR and CEZA. However, local online casinos can’t accept Filipino players, while local sportsbooks can.
Luckily, Filipinos can play at offshore online casinos, and the government does not block these sites. Overall the online gambling market in the Philippines is dominated by offshore gambling sites licensed in Curacao as other operators have avoided this market, and there are limited local options.
|🎰Philippines Online Gambling|
|🏛️Regulatory Body||PAGCOR, CEZA|
|📜iGaming Licenses||Sports Betting, Online Casinos (only for foreign players)|
|📖Number of Online Sportsbooks||100 +|
|⭐Top Brands||Betway, 888, Dafabet|
|🎰Number of Online Casinos||100 +|
|⭐Top Brands||1xBet, 20Bet, Dafabet, Ice Casino|
|💳Banking Methods||Visa, Mastercard, Payal, Neteller, Skrill, bank transfers, crypto|
|📱Accessibility||Apps + websites|
|🎁Bonuses You Can Expect||No deposit, welcome, reload, free spins, bonus bets, bonus cash, insurance, cashback|
Land-based casinos are also legal in the Philippines, and Filipinos have access to over 20 casinos in Manila alone. Some of the most popular casinos in the Philippines include Resorts World Manila, City of Dreams Manila, and NUSTAR Resort and Casino.
If sports betting is more your thing, there are also sports betting shops dotted around the Philippines. MegaSportsWorld (MSW) has 100 + locations where you can bet on all major sports, including football, boxing, basketball, and tennis. There are other local sports betting shops that specialize in horse racing and cockfighting.
Bonuses & Promotions For Filipino Players
Wouldn’t it be great if you could win real money playing fun casino games and betting on sports without having to risk your own cash? With online gambling bonuses and promos in the Philippines, you can!
These are the most popular online casino bonuses in the Philippines:
- Bonus Cash – When you sign up or deposit an online casino will often give you bonus cash. You can use it to play casino games for free and win real money. However, prior to cashing out your winnings, you need to bet your bonus a specified number of times (known as a wagering requirement).
- Free Spins – With free spins, you get complimentary play on slot machines and get to pocket whatever you win. You can score free spins when you sign up or when you make a deposit.
- No Deposit Offers – As the name suggests, some casinos will offer you a bonus with no deposit required, the amounts can vary and the wagering requirements are typically higher than a regular bonus, but it’s a genuine case of free money to play with.
- Cashback – Did you have a bad session? Don’t worry, just claim a cashback bonus and get some of your losses refunded! For example, if you claim a 20% cashback and promo and lose 1,000 pesos, you will get 200 pesos back.
- VIP – The more you play at an online casino, the higher your VIP status will be. Top-tier players get exclusive bonuses, including free spins and bonus cash. Some online casinos also have a points system where you earn them based on your play and then can convert them to bonus cash.
These are the most popular sports betting site bonuses in the Philippines:
- Free Bets – The sports betting site will give you a free bet worth a certain amount for a specific sporting event, and you get to keep the profit. For example, you might get a 500 pesos bet on the Philippines against Thailand in basketball.
- Bonus Cash – Bonus cash is similar to free bets, except you get to choose the sporting event to bet on. For example, the sportsbook gives you 1,000 pesos in bonus cash when you deposit 1,000, and you use the bonus to bet on Alexandra Eala’s next match.
- Insurance – With an insurance bonus, the sportsbook will refund your bet if it loses. For example, if you bet 300 pesos on Cebu FC and they lose, your stake will be returned to your account.
- VIP – Sports betting sites like online casinos often have VIP programs where you can unlock free bets and bonus cash and use your earned points to purchase gifts or convert them to bonus cash.
At Gambling Promo Codes, we leverage our industry knowledge and relationship with top gambling sites to get you exclusive bonuses for Filipinos. Check out our banners and score bonus cash, free bets, and spins right now!
How Online Gambling in the Philippines Works
Online gambling in the Philippines works similarly to other markets where offshore online casinos and sportsbooks are allowed. Filipino players get access to extensive sports betting markets and the latest casino games from legit developers but don’t have to deal with over-regulation.
To play at a Philippines online gambling site, you first need to create an account. To register, you just need to complete a form with your name, email, mobile number, address, and date of birth. It only takes a few minutes to complete.
Philippines online gambling sites are mobile optimized and can be accessed from any mobile device via your browser of choice. Alternatively, you can play from your computer or laptop. Some sites even have dedicated mobile apps, but it doesn’t matter if you are a mobile or desktop bettor you will have access to the same games and sports events.
Filipino players can deposit and withdraw via Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, crypto, bank transfers, and other secure payment methods. There are no fees when depositing or withdrawing. Deposits are instant, and winnings are paid out usually within 48 hours.
Types of Betting Options
As Filipino players have access to offshore online casinos and sports betting sites, they can indulge in thousands of online casino games, including slots, poker, blackjack, video poker, TV games, live roulette, baccarat, and more. These games are powered by all of your favorite providers, including Microgaming, Evolution, NetEnt, Pragmatic, and many more.
When it comes to sports betting options, Filipino players have access to 30 + sports, including basketball, boxing, tennis, horse racing, motorsport, volleyball, badminton, and more! There is live betting available, and you will find all of your top betting markets, including moneyline, handicap, parlays, prop bets, futures, and more over/unders than you can count!
To make a withdrawal from a Filipino online gambling site, you first have to verify your identity. This process is pretty painless, you just need to send the site a picture of your ID and a document demonstrating your proof of address. It shouldn’t take more than 24 hours to get verified.
Once your account is verified, withdrawing is as simple as signing into your account, tapping the withdraw button, and filling out your payment details. You can withdraw via crypto, bank transfer, e-wallet, or card. Your winnings will hit your account typically within 48 hours.
Filipino players have access to instant and professional customer support thanks to many online gambling sites offering live chat. You don’t have to put up with super slow email support or phone lines that never get answered. Also, if you ask nicely, customer support agents will give you exclusive bonuses!
Tips To Find Legit Online Gambling Sites in the Philippines
There are so many online gambling sites in the Philippines, and they all do a great job of pretending to be legit. However, there are some nefarious operators out there, so you need to be careful where you choose to play. To quickly find legit Filipino online casinos and sportsbooks, evaluate based on these factors:
- License – You can find MGA and UKGC-licensed sportsbooks like Betway and 888, which accept Filipino players. Unfortunately, when it comes to online casinos, you will have to settle for Curacao-licensed sites.
- Bonuses – If a Filipino online gambling site isn’t giving away a big first deposit match, bonus bets, and free spins, they aren’t worth your time! Also, double-check that the terms and conditions are fair. Always look at the wagering requirements and game restrictions.
- Games – At the top Filipino online casinos 1,000 + games will be one click away. You can play slots, poker, roulette, blackjack, video poker, and live dealer games from household name developers like Evolution, Betsoft, Microgaming, Playtech, and NetEnt.
- Betting Markets – Don’t be stuck betting on horse racing or the odd football match! Find a legit site that has in-depth markets for all sporting events imaginable, including boxing, volleyball, tennis, basketball, pool, and more!
- Customer Support – Make sure that the online casino or sportsbook offers 24/7 live chat with real customer support agents and not just bots who can’t solve a simple request!
- Payment Methods – At the best online gambling sites in the Philippines, you can deposit/withdraw via Visa, Mastercard, Skrill, bank transfer, Neteller, and PayPal.
Why Use Our Gambling Promo Codes?
It doesn’t matter if you are looking for a Filipino sportsbook or German reputable online casinos, Gambling Promo Codes is your ultimate resource for all things betting. We have in-depth guides to gambling sites from around the world, exclusive bonuses, game reviews, and articles on the latest betting strategy. So if you want to level up your betting knowledge and score some incredible bonuses, then Gambling Promo Codes is the site for you!
Is gambling legal in the Philippines?
Offline casinos and offline/online sports betting are legal in the Philippines. Locally based online casinos are legal, but they can’t serve Filipino players. However, Filipinos can legally play at offshore online casino sites.
What is the minimum gambling age in the Philippines?
The minimum gambling age in the Philippines is 21. However, Filipinos who are 18 + can sign up to offshore online casinos and sports betting sites.
What casino games can I play in the Philippines?
At offshore online casinos, Filipinos have access to thousands of popular casino games, including online slots, video poker, blackjack, roulette, craps, pai gow, sic bo, poker, live dealer games, and more!
Are there legal betting sites in the Philippines?
There are legal online sports betting sites in the Philippines. There are also legal locally based online casinos, but they are not allowed to offer their services to Filipino players.
How can I find good online gambling Philippines sites?
To find a good online gambling site, you first need to find a site that is licensed and has a successful track record. Then check they have games from top providers like Microgaming and NetEnt and finally confirm they offer secure payment methods like Visa, Mastercard, Skrill, and bank transfer.
Which are the best Filipino gambling sites for casino and sports betting?
The Filipino gambling sites for casino and sports betting are 20Bet, 1xBet, 22Bet, Dafabet, Betway Sportsbook, and 888 Sports.
Are there bonuses for gambling online in the Philippines?
There is a wide range of online gambling bonuses in the Philippines. Filipino players can claim free bets, bonus cash, free spins, insurance, and more. Filipino players also have access to no deposit, welcome, and reload bonuses.
Is online gambling safe in the Philippines?
Online gambling in the Philippines is safe if you play at fully licensed sites that have online casino games from legit providers and who offer secure payment methods. Also, remember to secure your account with 2FA and withdraw your gambling winnings regularly.
Can I win real money gambling online in the Philippines?
You can win real money gambling online in the Philippines. Filipino players have access to hundreds of real money offshore sites, even better, you can claim no deposit bonuses and win without spending any cash!