In addition to a wide variety of online payment methods, DraftKings also offers self-branded gift cards that you can purchase from thousands of locations across the United States. In this guide to DraftKings Gift Card, we will explain where you can get one from and how to use it.
Aside from giving customers a convenient way to fund their accounts with cash, these retail gift cards have several other benefits, which include being eligible for the DraftKings promo code welcome bonus.
As one of the premier brands that are dominating legalized online gambling in the US, understanding how DraftKings gift cards work will give you an edge in deciding if this payment method is the best way for you to get skin in the game.
Continue reading to get the ins and outs of DK gift cards, such as where to purchase them, how much they cost, and how to redeem the cards online.
What is the DraftKings Gift Card?
The DraftKings gift card is an actual gift card that customers can purchase from participating stores at one of their retail locations. This is somewhat old-fashioned in this era of digital technology, with most payment instruments now being online.
However, it’s also a marketing masterstroke because it increases brand awareness to a much wider audience. There’s a strong possibility that new customers looking to enjoy online sports betting, daily fantasy sports, or casino gaming will register with a company they recognize and feel familiar with. This is something that DraftKings is achieving through these gift cards.
Of course, they serve a purpose for today’s existing customers too. As the name implies, people can buy these cards as gifts for others. Perhaps it’s Father’s Day or a friend’s birthday, and you know they enjoy a wager on football; a DraftKings sportsbook gift card ticks all the right boxes.
How much does a DraftKings Gift Card cost?
DraftKings has two denominations for its cards, which are $25 and $50. Therefore, you need to purchase multiple gift cards if you want to add more than $50 to your account.
Considering the minimum deposit amount with some other payment methods is $5 – $10, using a gift card is not the best option for players who only want to add a few bucks.
A quick tip for customers who buy one is to scratch the card as soon as possible and take a photo of or write down the DraftKings gift card number, the expiry date, and the CVV. This way, if the card is lost or stolen, you can cancel it and get a refund or replacement card.
Locations to buy DraftKings Gift Cards
Combined, you can buy DraftKings cards from more than 55,000 locations across the United States. Here’s a complete list of the retail brands:
- Circle K
- General Dollar
- Pilot Flying J
Players cannot purchase the DraftKings gift card online at the moment. Whether this will change in the future remains to be seen. Furthermore, gift cards can only be used in states that allow them as a payment method.
- For the DraftKings casino, gift cards are accepted in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.
- For the DraftKings sportsbook, you can use gift cards in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, New Hampshire, Wyoming, Michigan, Colorado, Maryland, Kansas, and Indiana.
Using a DraftKings Gift Card for online deposits
DraftKings gift cards can be used online through the main website DraftKings.com. Alternatively, you may also redeem them through the DraftKings app. Here’s an extensive step-by-step guide for those using this method of payment for the first time.
1. Buy your gift card
Visit your nearest retail location to buy your card. You can pay with cash, debit card, or any other payment form accepted at the store. Remember to make a note of the card number and other details just in case it’s stolen or lost.
2. Visit DraftKings
Log into your DraftKings account online or access the mobile betting app. If you haven’t got an account yet, you can quickly set one up using this link. Once you’re logged in, go to the banking section.
On the payment page, select Credit or Debit as your deposit method. Enter the DraftKings gift card number, the expiration date, and the CVV. Next, enter the amount you want to deposit from the card to your DK account.
4. Ready to bet
Within a few seconds, the money will reflect in your balance. You can now use the DraftKings sportsbook, casino, daily fantasy sports, or marketplace products. Moreover, if it’s your first-ever deposit, check the bonuses section of your account, as you are eligible for the matched deposit bonus if you add more than $5 to your account.
To check the balance on your gift card, go to www.draftkingscard.com and sign in using your card details.
Up To $1,000 Deposit Bonus
- Promo Code: NO CODE REQUIRED
- Android & iPhone Mobile Apps
- In game betting
Up To $1,000 Deposit Bonus
$50 Casino Credits + $2,000 Bonus
- Promo Code: NO CODE REQUIRED
- $50 No Deposit Play
- Awesome Slots
$50 Casino Credits + $2,000 Bonus
Benefits of using a gift card for online betting
There are several benefits to using a DraftKings gift card online, but that doesn’t mean it’s perfect for everyone.
- Pay using cash – One of the best perks of playing with a gift card is that you can buy them with cash. It’s not the only way to deposit cash into your account. You can visit the casino cash of one of DraftKing’s land-based partners, but this is not as convenient as popping into 7-Eleven or Walmart.
- No need to share bank details – If you are cautious about sharing your financial information online, using a gift card is a good solution. The only details you share are those of the card you bought. This makes it one of the most secure payment methods around.
- Works on all products – The DK gift card is the complete all-rounder. You can enjoy daily fantasy sports competitions, sports betting, and casino gaming. Certain payment methods are not accepted for DFS gameplay, which handicaps them, in our opinion.
- Controls expenditure – With gift cards, players are usually only gambling with the cash they have in their pocket. This is much safer than making deposits with a credit card that you must repay later with interest. Moreover, the gift card denominations are $25 or $50, which shouldn’t break the bank. Of course, control is still needed, but overall these cards are a good way to check your expenditure.
- Eligible for bonuses – Whether a matched deposit bonus, free bets, or free spins, players are eligible for all DraftKings bonuses when using the self-branded gift card. Therefore, you don’t miss out on any of the extra perks associated with your account.
As mentioned, the DraftKings gift card is not right for everyone. There are, of course, limitations to consider, including:
- The cards are only available for $25 and $50. If you are a high roller looking to take full advantage of the $2,000 casino welcome bonus, the gift card isn’t for you.
- Not all states allow players to fund their accounts with gift cards. Check our list above for more information on where you can use them.
- While not specifically a limitation, remember that you need to be physically present in a legalized state where DraftKings is licensed before you can use the card to fund your account.
Gateway for Bitcoin and Ethereum deposits on DraftKings
Buying gift cards online with cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum is a booming industry, so is the DK gift card a way for players to (indirectly) use crypto to fund their accounts?
As things stand, the answer is no. DraftKings is doing a good job keeping its card offline. We’ve checked multiple online stores that allow crypto payments, such as Bitrefill, PC Game Supply, Coingate, and Coinsbee, and none of them stock the DraftKings card.
This is still something to keep an eye open for. If there is a demand for these cards, it’s guaranteed that these electronic gift card websites will start offering them.
Can I buy a gift card for DraftKings?
Yes, you can buy $25 and $50 DraftKings from the following locations: Walmart, 7-Eleven, Circle K, CVS, Sheetz, Pilot Flying J, Albertsons, General Dollar, and Speedway.
Does Walmart sell a DraftKings gift card?
Yes, Walmart sells DraftKings gift cards in-store. You are not able to buy them directly through Walmart's online platform.
How do I buy DraftKings prepaid cards?
Players can register for a Play+ DraftKings prepaid card and add funds using their bank cards or checking accounts. Alternatively, if you want a DK gift card, these can be bought from Walmart, CVS, 7-Eleven, Circle K, Albertsons, and Sheetz, among other locations.
Can you send money on DraftKings to somebody else?
It is not possible to transfer money from one DraftKings account to another. If you want to send money to someone else on DraftKings, using a DraftKings gift card, a Game On gift card, or an e-gift card, such as Visa, is the most convenient method.
Can I order a DraftKings gift card on Amazon?
You cannot buy DraftKings gift cards through the official Amazon store, although independent sellers may offer them occasionally. If you wish to use Amazon, we suggest buying electronic Visa or Mastercard gift cards, as you can fund your DraftKings account online with these instead.
Where can I buy DraftKings gift cards online?
You cannot buy DraftKings gift cards online at present. We checked CVS, Walmart, and other online stores, but none sell gift cards for DraftKings through their websites.
Does CVS sell DraftKings gift cards?
Yes, CVS sells DraftKings gift cards. This popular pharmacy may not be the first place you think of to grab a card, but with more than 9,600 locations nationwide, it's a convenient option for many players.
Can I buy DraftKings gift cards via PayPal?
You cannot purchase DraftKings gift cards directly via PayPal; however, there are a couple of alternatives. Firstly, DraftKings sportsbook and casino accepts PayPal, among other payment methods, so players can deposit and withdraw without needing a gift card.
Is there a free DraftKings gift card code?
No, there isn't a free DraftKings gift card code available. During our research, we came across a free DraftKings gift card generator, which promised free card codes.
However, it spews out incomplete codes and insists that users submit valid ID information to get the rest of the code. This is potentially a scam to obtain your data, so we advise against this method.